The Cadac CDC seven-s is the new flagship console in Cadac’s digital lineup.
It takes the original CDC seven a step further by expanding the input count to 128 and the configurable output count to 56. It still retains the incredible ease of use with a minimal learning curve but with the luxury of the enhanced physical user interface.
The CDC seven-s is not only physically larger than its sister consoles, the CDC six and five, but it also has a greater channel count, with 128 input channels and a configuarable bus count of 56. It shares the same operating system and feature set as its smaller siblings meaning that show files can run across all three.
A fundamental design foundation of Cadac digital is latency management. Due to the impact of the latency inherent with existing audio protocols Cadac designed its own - MegaCOMMS, a digital audio network developed to meet the performance demands of live sound. MegaCOMMS allows the CDC seven-s to have a total through-system propagation delay from inputs on stage to outputs, including all console processing and AD/DA conversions, of 37 samples (@ 96 kHz), or just under 400us.
As a result of Cadac’s innovative user interface and latency management, the CDC seven-s is an incredibly attractive proposition for those who want something that stands head and shoulders above the norm.
- Intuitive, clear graphical user interface
- Proprietary DSP mix platform
- 32/40 bit floating point SHARC processors
- Dual 23.5” flush mounted 16:9 high definition LCD touch wide screen
- 6.5” LCD touch screen for system control
- 40 user definable colour OLED displays
- 20 segment stereo channel metering
- 36 touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders
- 8 AES3 inputs and 8 AES3 outputs
- 8 fully programmable Mic inputs and 8 outputs
- External PSU
- Classic Cadac Mic-pres
- Sub 0.4 millisecond latency from analogue inputs on stage to analogue outputs on stage
- Automatic latency management system
- 128 input channels
- 64 busses, 56 are assignable as Group, Stereo Group, Aux, Stereo Aux or Matrix
- Unique Cadac Monitor Mode
- Custom Fader Layers
- 4 band fully parametric EQ
- Extensive dynamics
- 16 VCA groups including ‘VCA unfold’ navigation
- 16 assignable buttons with OLED displays
- 16 stereo on-board effects
- 31 band graphic equaliser on all outputs as well as 4 band fully parametric EQ
- Compressor/limiter on all outputs
- Input and output delays
- Snapshot automation system with Cue Ripple and Cue Preview
- Dugan Automixer post fade Insert for Waves